ITV Bingo is dedicated to providing its members with a responsible gaming environment. Not only is it our mission to provide our members with the most entertaining gaming experience but it is also our duty to help prevent compulsive usage and underage access of our gaming products.
GamCare, one of the leading authorities on advice and practical help in addressing the social impact of gaming, has recognised ITV Bingo's dedication towards the issues of responsible gaming and player protection and has therefore awarded the company with its certificate.
The company had undergone an audit which had covered issues such as staff training, underage verification, self deposit limits/self exclusion and referrals to helping agencies. ITV Bingo was found by GamCare to be keeping excellent standards of practice in all these aspect.
We have implemented the following company policies and tools:
Protection of minors
In line with the Government of Gibraltar's Gaming Ordinance, ITV Bingo does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to play its casino or poker games.
Our bingo sites are not designed to attract children or adolescents. We actively discourage and track persons under the age of 18 who attempt to play at ITV Bingo. We use sophisticated verification systems which can identify minors who log in to our software.
Nevertheless, we recognise that the internet is readily accessible in many homes around the world. As a result, gaming companies and parents must work together to protect children from underage gaming. To ensure the safety of your children, we recommend installing filtering software (Cyberpatrol, Cybersitter und K9 Web Protection) to block minors from accessing certain websites and programs.
More tips for parents:
- Do not leave children unattended near your computer when the bingo site room is running.
- Protect your gaming programs with password access.
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gaming activity.
- Keep your ITV Bingo username, password and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the legality and the potential damage of underage gaming.
- Limit the length of time your children spend online.
Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. If you know a person under the age of 18 who is registered with ITV Bingo, please notify our Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preventing Compulsive Gaming
ITV Bingo recognises that while most people play for entertainment, a small number of people can become obsessed with the potential monetary gains our games offer. Even though studies suggest that only a very small percentage of the adult population encounters compulsive gaming problems we take this matter exceedingly seriously and have accordingly implemented a number of measures to address this problem:
- ITV Bingo's training program incorporates methods and techniques that assist our employees in recognising and taking appropriate actions when they identify compulsive or underage gaming.
- We have implemented an easy to use self-exclusion program for those who may need our assistance. Upon your request, we will cancel your membership and will prevent you from entering our bingo site.
- We let you set your own maximum allowed deposit amount.
- Upon your request, we will remove your name from our email list.
- Gaming is a form of entertainment. It is not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts.
- Gaming is a game of chance. There are no formulas that guarantee winnings.
- Make sure that the decision to play is your choice.
- Never try to chase your losses.
- Check the amounts you spend on a regular basis.
- Make sure you know the rules of the games you play.
Like many things, what is enjoyable in moderation can be disastrous in excess.
If you suspect that you may have a gambling problem, you may seek professional help from the following organisations:
More advice and information about responsible gaming can be found at - gambleaware.co.uk
If you are worried about your gaming habits or you want to know more about the signs of compulsive gaming, try our self-assessment test.
At ITV Bingo we give you the tools to control the amount of money you use to play bingo. You can set your own monthly deposit limits and request to adjust them at any time. Simply call our Member Support Team and a representative will help you set your limits. Member Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Find out how to contact us here....
Click here to set your deposit limits
To help you set limits that are right for you, try answering this short questionnaire:
- Establish what constitutes an acceptable loss before starting to play.
- Note how often you play.
- Note how long you play during each gaming session.
Use your answers to determine how much you would like to allow yourself to spend per day, per week or per month.
Self-Exclusion & "Take a Break"
If, at any stage, you become concerned about your gambling behavior, you can request one of the following:
- A one day "Take a Break" period
- A seven days "Take a Break" period
- A two weeks "Take a Break" period
- One month "Take a Break" period
- Two months "Take a Break" period
- Three month "Take a Break" period
- A six month self-exclusion period
During these periods we will block your account. New accounts you might attempt to open during the exclusion period may also be blocked to the extent detected by us. In addition, ITV Bingo will take all reasonable measures to make sure any such detected accounts do not receive any promotional material during this time.
During the six-month self-exclusion period, the request for temporary blocked access will be enforced and irrevocable. You may re-activate your account once the six-month self-exclusion period has ended by logging in with your user details or by contacting the Member Support Team. We reserve the right at our own sole discretion to withhold all deposited and related monies in relation to such accounts.
Please note: If you download any of our applications from the Apple AppStore to your device and you accept to receive push notifications, we will not be able to block receipt of such notifications even if you choose to self-exclude from any of the Sites. The only way to prevent receipt of such notifications is by changing the settings on the device itself.
You acknowledge and agree that should you choose to self-exclude from any of the Sites, you shall not be permitted to open or use a new or existing account with any other Site operated by the Company during your selected self-exclusion period, until such self-exclusion has been lifted and the original account reopened. In the event you are in breach of the foregoing, we shall be entitled to block any new account you open with another Site, forfeit any funds you may deposit (or have previously deposited) therein, and shall not be liable to refund to you any funds you may have wagered or won through such account.
You can request a six-month self exclusion period or "Take a Break" period by calling our Member Support Team, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Find out how to contact us here.
If you are unsure about requesting self-exclusion, ask yourself the four questions below:
- Is gaming interfering with your work or other responsibilities?
- Are you trying to make up for prior gaming losses?
- Are you recovering from an addictive disorder?
- Do you play under the influence of alcohol or other influences?
If your answer is yes to at least one of them, we recommend that you request self exclusion and seek professional help.